Recycling is one of the best ways we can have a positive impact on the world in which we live. It’s important to both the natural environment, and our future generations. That’s why The green office is committed to preserving natural resources, investing in clean, ecologically-friendly technologies and processes, and providing customers with closed-loop environmental solutions.
How it Works The Green office has designed its recycling programme in conjunction with Q-Connect with ease of use in mind. The process is quick and simple, with many benefits to the user, the environment and the supply of cartridges.
What else do you need to know?
- The recycling scheme is completely free of charge.
- A minimum of 15 cartridges per collection box is required for collection.
- We accept all brands of original or compatible inkjet cartridges, toner cartridges, and drum/fuser units. Please do not put toner bottles or waste bins in the collection box.*
- Full reporting and audit trail available with a statement showing product code, quantity, and weight of items collected.
- Dedicated couriers collect your used cartridges and deliver them to the Q-Connect collection centre.
- Cartridges are sorted and either sent for remanufacturing or recycling.
- Undamaged, re-usable cartridges are packed, stored and sent for re-use.
- Broken and non-usable cartridges are sent to a dedicated partner to be given an end of life solution. These are broken down and separated into raw materials such as plastic, metals, and toner, which is re-used in various injection moulding processes.
Zero-Waste-to-Landfill Policy Q-Connect, through Clover Environmental Solutions (CES), operates a closed-loop environmental process that is built around a zero-waste-to-landfill policy. CES evaluate every empty cartridge that is received with the primary goal being to reuse it for remanufacturing, ensuring availability and supply of Q-Connect cartridges. In the case where this isn’t possible, the cartridge is used for materials recovery. The process ensures that every component of the cartridge collected is either remanufactured or recycled.
Did you know? Every year, over 375 million empty ink and toner cartridges are thrown away! That’s 660 cartridges scrapped every minute! Or 11 every second! These discarded cartridges have a combined weight of 150 million pounds which are buried in landfills. That’s equivalent to the weight of 100,000 hippos….